Total Pageviews

Friday, October 15, 2010

An Autumn Memory

The scent of burning leaves in the air
Busy woodsmen revving  up their saws
I looked down to see a waxy , damp leaf
Brightly colored, I couldn't step on it

It had a curled edge,
Memories of my mother
Brought a  tear to my eye.
Carefully, I put the leaf into my pocket

A childhood craft, forgotten
 now recalled
Taking me to a special place and time
Another Autumn long ago

Placing the leaf between waxed paper
and, slipping it into a book
Hoping it would be found
Another Autumn, another memory made



Wysteria


4 comments:

  1. Nice one shot! Love and Light, Sender

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and the nice comment... Will be checking you out too!..:)

    Wysteria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well put!!
    As we grow up, we do leave many of our peeves that had delighted us back then no end.. Life!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!

    There are so many that come to mind with each new season. My mom has passed away, but really has left some fond memories, that seem to pop into my head every now and then.

    Thanks for the kind words~

    Wysteria

    ReplyDelete